Blog to Self

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

An interesting day

[Note: this post has been edited from its original version]

By random twists of fate I shared a late dinner tonight with a monk, a senator, and a chef (all of whom happened to be gay). I know, I know, it sounds like some joke. I had dinner with a joke: A senator, a monk and chef walk into a (gay) bar.... And have dinner with a librarian, where they discuss movies, the diversity of sexuality in humans and the vagaries of Alzheimer's disease -- apparently I must go see Away From Her with Julie Christie at the Spectrum, especially recommended by The Chef. The Monk plugged Into Great Silence (as one might expect)-- apparently it helps to know that the motto of the Carthusians is "Stat crux dum volvitur orbis" meaning "The Cross is steady while the world is turning" to help lend meaning to some time lapse cinematography in the movie. I'd wanted to see that anyway. The Senator has apparently been too busy to see much lately, but for some reason brought up Clueless with Alicia Silverstone as a fine film, which I haven't seen. Why did I end up at the diner with this lot? It's a question for the ages, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home