Blog to Self

Thursday, May 10, 2007

See Remora blog for Library stuff (Bad idea?)

Remora. I made a decision to place library related items in a separate blog, since the name and all are already there. I'm looking for feedback on this decision. I suppose it's the librarian in me that wants to put things in separate folders, compartments, boxes, pigeon holes. So my interest in Library- and Web 2.0, libraries generally and their future, can have a home there, and the more personal, goofy, and artsy stuff can stay here. But if I point to the other blog every time I post, why make it more complicated?
I confess I have a third blog name I wanted to use for more purely artsy content, which is "Thelonious Bosch". All comments are invited and welcomed.
Another thing is that those labels, tags, and monthly archives on the side bar are all there to provide structure. Perhaps I should develop alter egos, so that rather than placing different content on separate blogs I can sign in with a different name. That might confuse me, myself, and I -- All three of us would forget who is who....The Wild Alsatian, Edwin Oliver (actually my great-grand-father's name and my middlename'sake), and ... Thelonious Bosch! Perhaps?

Please, take my inventory...

1 Comments:

  • I'm of two minds. When I was asked if I wanted to have my blog on the TU website - something I guess I've declined - the guy said I really have two blogs, one of my daughter, and one of the rest of my life.
    I'm not sure I agree; I think it's all (comics, JEOPARDY, music, Lydia) all part of the integrated whole.
    Also, while a narrow line may be better for someone to link to to a narrowcasted net, my eclectic posts have drawn hits from all sorts of topics.

    By Blogger Roger Owen Green, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home