Blog to Self

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Taking a Break

I'm going to take a break from this blog for a while. There's a lot of pictures I could put up, but I'm preoccupied with some stuff that doesn't jibe with the tone of this blog. I've also been feeling increasingly uncomfortable with this format. Perhaps its situational and will pass.

The questions of anonymity, disclosure, boundaries and the nascent conventions of blogging culture, all have me a little confused as to whether I want to be a blogging presence at all right now. My professional identity is in question (ie, I don't have a stable job in my field). That being the case, is a pseudo-anonymous blog a liability in the job search? Such are my thoughts.

One last Auden quote, from The Dyer's Hand:
When I consider others I can easily believe that their bodies express their personalities and that the two are inseparable. But it is impossible for me not to feel that my body is other than I, that I inhabit it like a house, and that my face is a mask which, with or without my consent, conceals my real nature from others.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home